23 February 2007

Unlike some I AM fair and balanced

Aficionados of Faux News and rabid Dubyaphobes may want to turn away now. I am about to be fair and balanced and say something nice about George W. Bush.

Christ this is hard!

The Guardian reports today that the Decider (TM) make actually do something good and support Zambia as it tries to defend itself against so called vulture funds which are seeking, quite legally but reprehensibly, to claw back payments for debt incurred by the country. The fund in question, Donegal International, is owned by an American and bought the debt valued at 30 million USD from Romania for 3 million USD. He has already won a judgement against Zambian assets in the UK in the British courts.

The amount in question is equal to or greater than the amount of debt relief that the poor Africa country has received from the West. The President is said to be concerned about this and has the power to block attempts at collection in the US. Should he do so he can expect to hear from me:

"Well done Mr. President. I'm with you all the way on this one. (Just don't get fucking used to it, OK?)

I think it necessary that I now go and medicated myself in some fashion.

No comments: