Most eyes, including mine, have been focused recently on the eastern border of Iraq, that one with an axle of evil, but there are events about which we should be very, very concerned taken place on the country's north western border as well, the one with Turkey. Turkey now claims it has the right, under a Hussein-era agreement, to strike into Iraqi territory to confront Kurdish terrorists freedom fighters that are currently harbouring in American occupied territory. I, for one, don't really understand what could occur should Turkish forces invade Iraq and potentially clash with American forces there. What happens when two NATO "allies" come up against each other, with weapons, in a conflict zone? What does this do to the "democracies don't make war on each other theory"?
I don't know what will happen but I worry that it could have an extremely far reaching impact; one that would most likely not be for the good.
I don't know what will happen but I worry that it could have an extremely far reaching impact; one that would most likely not be for the good.
No comments:
Post a Comment