30 November 2007

Dear Rupert

I thought you might be interested in this idea for a reality TV programme. You won't need any writers and you already have great contacts with most of the "stars" you would need for the show. Now that former Attorney General John Ashcroft has volunteered for waterboarding you could make a whole "reality" series out of former Bush administration officials having interrogation-methods-that-clearly-aren't torture demonstrated on them.

After the initial series of say a dozen shows (Karl Rove, Colin Powell, I. Scooter Libby and others all come to mind) you could also have a one off Xmas special after Captain Codpiece leaves office where user submitted methods are tried out on the Captain and his sidekick "I'm a Big" Dick. There could be a premium phone in line which viewers could use to select the techniques that would be proved not to be torture after being used on these two fine gentlemen. I smell big money!

I think you could also sell it to Sky. I know lots of folks over here that would pay to watch it.

Should you decide to go forward with this idea I will forward you my bank details so that you can pay in say a 5% royalty.

Yours in the torture business.

Yank in London

No comments: