28 November 2006

Dennis Prager asks....

..."Why are Atheists so Angry?

So I thought I would selflessly do some research on Mr. Prager's columns and find out if he is ever angry:

28 November - "America, Not Keith Ellison, decides what book a congressman takes his oath on" - Mr. Prager is very angry that new Muslim congressman, Keith Ellison (D MN), is planning to take his oath of office with his hand on a Koran. "He should not be allowed to do so -- not because of any American hostility to the Koran, but because the act undermines American civilization." I wonder how he would feel to find out that should I ever be elected I plan to take my oath with my hand on The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

21 November - Why I smoke (cigars) - Mr. Prager is somewhat angry that "anti-smoking" zealots are offended by his cigar smoking, which is neither dangerous nor addictive. "There is no issue of addiction regarding cigars or pipes. I have been smoking both since I was 15 years old, and could stop tomorrow if I wanted to." Right.

14 November - The smugness of the war's opponents - Mr. Prager is very angry that opponents of the Iraq war, who are wrong, are occasionally nearly as smug as he is himself.

7 November - Is a gay who opposes same-sex marriage a hypocrite? - Mr. Prager is angry that someone outed a major Christian leader and opponent of gay marriage as an "alleged" gay. "As defined by every dictionary I consulted, Haggard is not a hypocrite."

31 October - Note to angry Republicans: Stay angry, but vote Republican - in what is a disappointment as a Halloween themed column Mr. Prager is angry at Republicans for being angry at Republican lawmakers who are lying assholes. He accuses them of succumbing to their emotions. "One of the great realizations one comes to as the years pass is how small a role reason plays in most people's decisions."

24 October - A vote for Patty Wetterling can hurt children - Mr. Prager is angry at Patty Wetterling, a then candidate for Congress in Minnesota, because he says that she made have told some untruths (Shock! Horror!) in a campaign ad and therefore America's children are in danger. Frankly I couldn't quite follow the argument.

I think that's enough research. I don't think I could take any more.

My conclusions:
  • Mr. Prager is very, very angry
  • Ergo Mr. Prager is an atheist and, by extension, guilty of attempting to deceive honest, God fearing folk into believing that he is an honest Christian.

I'm happy we've cleared that up!

No comments: