22 March 2007

I would like to lodge a complaint

To: The Weather God

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would imagine that, during the fourteen plus years that I have lived in Britain, you have heard me opine more than once how I miss proper winter. I do indeed often long for cold, crisp winter days with snow and frozen ponds. In light of that I find the snow that is falling outside as I write this rather pleasant. It is lovely and peaceful, despite the fact that in literary and artistic terms snow is often considered symbolic of death. However when I have made these comments in the past I was always referring, as you must know, to the wintertime. Such weather is appreciated, and not just by me, at Christmas time for example. Nonetheless if you will consult your diary you will note that yesterday was the vernal equinox which is, as you well know, THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING! Therefore I would appreciate it if you would adjust your behaviour accordingly. I am sincerely apologetic for any misunderstanding this may have caused.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Yank in London

No comments: