05 February 2008

So - who do I vote for?

I am sitting at my computer. I have my Democrats Abroad ballot number. I have my Democrats Abroad password. I have the Democrats Abroad website up. I just don't know who to vote for.

Hillary is almost certainly a NO. Too right wing on foreign policy. Too much a part of the inside machine.

Obama. He is a breath of fresh air in many ways. The country might grow a lot by having a mixed race president. His policies are still a cipher to me in many ways. Where I do understand them I either agree (Iraq out now) or disagree (his health care plan will not begin to address the problem). He is also too beholden to the money men (as will any successful candidate until the courts realise that money is not equal to speech).

Or do I "waste" my vote?

What to do, what to do?

No comments: