27 January 2007

Wired for sound

I'm worried as to the potential impact on America's police forces should these caffiene laced doughnuts make their way onto the market. Each doughnut would have the equivalent caffeine to about two cups of coffee. So when Officer Jones pops into the local doughnut outlet in the middle of his shift for a couple of cream doughnuts and one of those huge 32-ounce coffees he will be getting the caffeine equal to about ten cups of coffee (not to mention the sugar and the transfats). Am I the only one who begins to freak out with that much stimulant in my bloodstream? Is this level of drug abuse conducive to the carrying of firearms? Perhaps coppers should be restricted to decaffienated only.

I know that the cops and doughnuts thing is a bit of a stereotype but when I used to live in King of Prussia I passed the Dunkin' Donuts at the intersection with Henderson Road at all hours of the day and right with great regularity. There were never less than two assorted police vehicles outside and there were often as many as five. (Does this save them money on insurance?)

No comments: