26 September 2006

Light up my life

Tobacco companies face another 200 billion USD suit, this time over light cigarettes after a federal judge in New York allowed the suit to go forward.

I must confess I have mixed emotions about this. I would not bother me a bit should the tobacco industry lose and have to fork over billions to the plaintiffs and to lawyers. However how naïve did you have to be to believe that light fags were better for you than the regular variety? Did these folks expect to die less slowly, to last another five years before getting cancer or emphysema?

I mean come on people. Pay attention. A little critical thinking wouldn't go amiss. The next thing you know people will suing McDonalds because they got fat!

What's that? Really? Oops, they already have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.