26 May 2007

I want to be alone!

Jim Cole is a photographer and author about grizzly bears. On Wednesday, for the second time in fifteen years, he was mauled by a grizzly bear in Yellowstone National Park.

The bear at the heart of the incident, who is known only as Yogi, is quoted as saying that he "finally freaked out" after being tailed by what he termed the "humarazzi". Said Yogi:

"Everywhere I turned he was always there. When I can out of the den first thing in the spring what do I hear but 'Yogi over here', 'smile' and 'click, click, whirr, whirr'. Even if I was just popping round the hive for a bit of honey he was omnipresent. I just couldn't take it anymore. I think something snapped in my head. I hope he's alright but I never want to see him again."

Mr. Cole is said to be in fair condition in a hospital in Idaho Falls recuperating from seven hours in the operating theatre.

No comments: