21 September 2006

Dr. Paul Cameron - a man for the 17th century

Via Crooks and Liars we find this Daily Show segment on gays and the US military. It features an enlightened and rather droll (although I don't think he means to be) individual by the name of Dr. Paul Cameron.

Dr. Cameron seems to be well known (if not well regarded) in American psychological and sociological circles.

I stumbled on this little pamphlet by the esteemed Doctor. There is just so much I didn't know about homosexuality and he goes out of his way to share it with me:

He cites a 1970 San Francisco study that found that approximately 61% of gays and 37% of lesbians lived alone. I live alone so I must be 61% gay and 37% lesbian. What about the other 2% - undecided?

He also cites 1977 survey of over 5,000 gays and lesbians who were asked: "Do you consider or have you considered yourself 'married'?" Only 40% of lesbians and 25% of gays said "yes." Who were the 40% and 25%? The stupid ones? I think you will find that 1977 gays could not marry anywhere in the US. And if Dr. Cameron has his way it will be that way again in 2007.

He also references any number of studies (no numerous to quote here) to tell us that "homosexual marriage is hazardous to one's health. "

So much to learn - so little time!

No comments: