09 September 2006

Ryan Howard - MVP?

I think I'm missing baseball because it's been quite a while since the Phillies have had anyone this exciting. I think it's the batting average that impresses me most. Assuming he manages to stay above .300 for the season, coupled with the HR's and RBI's he'll have had a hell of year. Who is there to challenge him at this point?

From what little I've seen of him he looks like the real deal. Maybe they can build around him. Wait a minute. Am I delusional? This is the Phillies we're talking about here!

The first I can remember of the Phillies was 1964. I was eight. Hell of a way to start. So I've followed them for 42 years and have one world series to show for it. I guess I show be happy with that. It's better than my grandfather did. He was with them from the start and died in the sixties.

Hey. I just found out I can't vote for the Hank Aaron award because I don't live in the US or Canada. What a load of bollocks. Will someone out there place a vote for Ron Howard for me? Vote for anyone you like in the American League (except for Derek Jeter - I hate the Yankees.)

No comments: